17.9.15

Pen Tool

This week we learn about the ‘Pen Tool’ in Adobe Illustrator.
It takes some time for me to actually get used to it.

And I learned the ‘Add Anchor Point Tool’ and ‘Delete Anchor Tool’.
According to my experience, to make a curve smoother and nicer, it’s better to have fewer Anchor Point.
But when it comes to a very detail graphic, it should have lots of Anchor Point.
That’s how we decide to add or delete anchor point. And adding Anchor Point supposed to be on the path.  Well, deleting Anchor Point is just… picks the Anchor Point that you want to remove.
I think the hardest part is control the path, especially a curve path.
I think we will get better on that by practicing trace on different images.

We even learned about grids.

And I had a hard time to turn of the ‘Perspective Grid’.
At first I use a stupid and slow way to turn it off:
Top bar > View > Perspective Grid > Hide Grid
And after a long time… I only realise we there’s an icon on top left, we can just close it from there. Dumb me.
And Madam Ling asked us to do poems about dots and lines.
“It all started from a dot
To another dot
Then to another dot
Again to another dot
Till it forms
A shape”
This is hers.

This week’s reference:
https://bortonia.wordpress.com/tutorials/beginner/how-to-use-the-pen-tool/

No comments:

Post a Comment